‘Running Injury Treatment, Management & Prevention’
Common Running Injuries
Our clinic is located in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, where we aid in running injuries and prevention. Our clientele is wide spread across the running community from recreational runners to elite runners. We also see people who don’t run regularly but would like to incorporate running into their routine to increase general fitness and prevent chronic disease later in life.
At Mosaic Running we do in-house treadmill assessments with video analysis.
- We look at how you run, both with your shoes on and with your shoes off.
- We analyse to see if there are any abnormal movement patterns, which may indicate muscle imbalances and associated weak areas; or there might be an underlying injury, such as a ligament sprain, which may give you an altered gait pattern.
- Visual and verbal feedback is then given by a few helpful tips to correct running technique and efficiency.
- Specified strengthening exercises may also be given to correct your gait pattern.
- A standing assessment with active movements will be performed to assess body movement and alignment. We not only look at the legs and feet, but the whole body to address the global picture.
- Treatment for your injury will follow (if current). Treatment may include:
- soft-tissue massage
- muscle energy techniques
- joint mobilisation or articulations
- dry needling
- electrotherapy and laser therapy
- joint manipulations
- taping, including general taping, myofacial taping and kinesio taping.
Common Running Conditions:
- Shin Splints
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain)
- Patella-femoral syndrome (Anterior Knee Pain)
- ITB Syndrome (Lateral Thigh Pain)
- Fat Pad Syndrome (Heel Pain)
- Ankle sprains
- Achilles tendonopathies
- Stress fractures
- Calf strains
- Hamstring strains
- Adductor strains
- Quadriceps strains
- Trochanteric bursitis (Hip pain)
- Psoas tendonitis/ strain (Hip flexor pain)
- Sacroiliac joint sprain (low back pain)