Back Pain & Osteopathy
It is a fact that approximately eight out of every ten people will experience at least some form of debilitating back pain in their lives.
- Persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along your spine, from the base of the neck to the hips.
- Sharp, localised pain in the neck, upper back, or lower
back – especially after lifting heavy objects or engaging in other strenuous activity.
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Back pain that radiates from the low back to the buttock, down the back of the thigh, and into the calf and toes
- Inability to stand straight without having severe muscle spasms in the low back
Solutions to Back Pain
In most cases back pain can be treated with rest and osteopathy. As your osteopath, we would perform an evaluation to determine your physical condition, pain location and mechanism of injury. We may have you raise one leg at a time, rotate the hip, squat, bend forward or backward and assume other positions. All of this is to help us pinpoint which factors are involved and how to proceed with treatment.
Once your symptoms are under control, we will give you a home exercise program to continue with and make recommendations to prevent recurrence of back pain. Some of these may include ergonomic adjustments in the work place and weight loss, as a healthy weight puts less strain on the back.
Call us today on (03) 9510 1722 to get an appointment to get your back pain assessed and treated by an osteopath.